Where you’ll find me
If I’m not doing a makeup consultation or slathering myself with the many creams and lotions we carry, you’ll find me on the hunt for my next “favourite product”!
Best beauty advice I’ve received (and followed)
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” ~Roald Dahl
Favourite way to nourish my skin from within
Oils, oils, oils! Essential for the moisture-sucking climate of Edmonton, taking oils internally hydrates skin and hair from the inside out! My favourite is Borage Seed Oil.
]“If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” ~Mary Engelbreit
- Jane Iredale Pressed Powder – it always delights me with how well it covers without ever looking “cakey”.
- Eminence Eight Greens (hot) Masque — this masque clears up a breakout in no time. The paprika in it stimulates circulation and leaves a beautiful, rosy glow. It is extremely anti-aging and great for hormonal imbalances in the skin.
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder — a life-saver for days that I’m not able to wash my hair; it absorbs oil, freshens, and adds a lot of volume!
Most creative way I’ve solved a beauty issue in a pinch
Always carry blush! Use it on lips, cheeks, and the crease of eyelids to create depth. Forgot blush? Beet juice or raspberry juice works great as a lip or cheek stain, and is as natural as you can get. To calm frizz or static, I rub hand cream into my hands and then smooth the excess over my hair.
Don’t tell anyone, but…
I love curling up for an 80’s movie marathon.
Favourite plant or flower
Lilacs! The smell is intoxicating.
Learning / Education / Experience
- I began with Kolya in 2008.
- Was born and raised in the Biggs family, where I was taught wholesome and healthy ways of living.
- From early age, I have been passionate about make-up artistry!
- I have received extensive training through artists with Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup and participate in continued education programs.
- I focus on make up artistry that enhances ones natural beauty, and never acts as a mask.