Where you’ll find me
Most often, I’m in the consultation room giving my clients nutritional advice and individualized supplement protocols. In addition, I work at Optimum Health Vitamins, answering quick questions about supplements. And rounding it out, you’ll find me at Earth’s Aromatique teaching customers about herbs and all of our other beautiful products!
Best health advice I’ve received (and followed)
To always look for the root of the problem because covering up symptoms is temporary. Find out what is out of balance, and don’t try to cure everything at once!
I’m fortunate to live such a beautiful life and I remind myself to be grateful for all I have. “Be grateful!” It’s all a matter of perspective! When things get hectic, I remind myself, “Life’s not going fast, you are.”
- Ginger Root! – This is the very first herb I ever used consistently. It helps with digestion, nausea, and has an amazing grounding effect on the body and mind. I use it daily and couldn’t go without it!
- Probiotics — This is a supplement that actually makes you feel better within days. By consistently replenishing your good gut bacteria, probiotics keep your digestive and immune system strong and healthy.
- Opti Immune C & F — An amazing anti-viral formula! I barely know what a sick day looks like anymore. This formula uses the synergy of a variety of powerful herbs that help to prevent or to shorten your cold or flu. A staple in my medicine cabinet.
Favourite essential oil combination
Cinnamon Bark and Sweet Orange. Using my diffuser, this combination is misted through the air on a cold winter night as I cozy up with my sweetheart with a glass of red wine.
Don’t tell anyone, but…
I use pure white sugar in my coffee, and I spend way too much money at the Farmer’s Market.
Favourite plant or flower
Sunflowers always remind me of wide open country fields, swaying yellow in the wind. Dandelions are a close second. This nutritious and health promoting little flower is terrorized on people’s lawns with chemicals every year, but is so resilient and robust that it just keeps popping up the next season. What a tough little guy!
Learning / Education / Experience
- I have been with Optimum Health since 2010, and Kolya’s Apothecary since 2011.
- Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Human Nutritional Sciences from the University of Manitoba.
- Nutritional Consultant through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
- I’m currently finishing up a course through Sage Mountain, with Rosemary Gladstar called “The Science and Art of Herbology”.
- Happily, I am and will forever remain a student in this lifetime.